GENERIC TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION (To be finalised at initial appraisal meeting)
1. General Responsibilities:
- To support and develop the learning of students.
- The education and welfare of designated classes/groups of students in accordance with the requirements of the ‘School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document’ having due regard to the requirements of the National Curriculum, the school’s aims, objectives and schemes of work and any policies of the Governing Body.
- To share in the corporate responsibility for the well-being and discipline of students.
- To act as a role model at all times
- To be a life-long learner
- To make an appropriate contribution to the School Development Plan
- To support thework of our partner primary schools as appropriate
- Have up to date experience of teaching post-16
2. Specific Responsibilities:
Learning and teaching
(a) To plan and prepare for lessons in accordance with school policy
(b) To assess students’ work regularly, in accordance with school and department policy
(c) To contribute to the development of department schemes of work, as required by the Head of department
(d) To contribute as appropriate to departmental extra-curricular activities, by agreement with the Subject Leader
(e) To report to parents on the quality of students’ work, their progress and their attainment, in accordance with school and departmental policy
(f) To attend parents’ evenings to give an account of students’ progress, attainment and attitude, as required by the schedule
(g) To carry out other responsibilities that may reasonably be required by the Headteacher
As an employee you have legal duties which include:
- Taking reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
- Co-operating with your employer on health and safety,
- Correctly using work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions, and
- Not interfering with or misusing anything provided for your health, safety and welfare.