OFSTED – 26 & 27 September 2023
We are thrilled to be able to share with the whole community that, after two days of a full inspection, we are delighted to announce that we have once again remained as a GOOD Ofsted rated school. We are pleased to report that, once again, the inspection team were resounding in their judgement of the school.
Key highlights include:
• The school’s curriculum development means learning is ambitious and well sequenced
• Behaviour in lessons is calm – pupils concentrate fully on their learning
• Important knowledge is clearly identified, and teachers frequently review previous learning.
• Teachers’ expert subject knowledge helps engage students in discussions
• Lessons regularly include a focus on reading
• Pupils who find reading difficult are supported by intervention
• The school…listens to the voice of its pupils
• The school tracks attendance closely
• Pupils are confident that they receive the information they need to consider their next steps.
• Relationships between pupils and staff are good
• The sixth form students are keen to explain they chose to stay at the Warriner School because they appreciate their teachers and the individualised support that they receive.
• Pupils are happy in school
• Most pupils achieve well in their subjects
• The school has a thoughtful curriculum
• Pupils have the confidence to pursue ambitious goals
We are not yet outstanding because:
- In some subjects, the post-16 curriculum is not as well-developed as in key stage 3 and 4
- The progress of disadvantaged students in the previous year was not quite as good as we would hope
Please click here to read the full outcome.
Dr Annabel Kay Mrs Sharon Nicholls
Executive Headteacher Head of School