Information for Students and Parents
On this page we will be placing useful documents for parents and students:
Sixth form students have the privilege of choosing what to wear to school but should dress in an appropriate manner for the school working environment, remembering that they are role models for our younger students. Our objective in establishing a smart-casual dress code is to enable our students to learn comfortably in the school.
For clarity, the following points apply:
- Ripped, dirty, faded or frayed clothes and shoes are not allowed. They cannot be considered smart-casual clothing.
- Trousers should be clean with no extreme decoration such as studs or patches. Extreme styles are not allowed.
- Tracksuits are not smart-casual, and are therefore not permitted.
- Smart, tailored shorts are permitted; they must be an appropriate length (just above the knee)
- Flip-flops and any other shoes that are not strapped to the feet are unsafe in school as they present a health and safety risk.
- Clothing should not be revealing at the neckline, waist or hips.
- Mini-skirts are not permitted.
- Strapless tops and those with thin straps (including vests) are not permitted.
- Piercings should be discreet and appropriate for a school setting.
- Hairstyles should not be extreme.
The final decision on whether a student's attire is acceptable lies with the Sixth Form staff; dress code infringements will be acted upon.
Sixth Form students will have the opportunity to take on the following formal roles:
- Member/Head of the Junior Leadership Team
- Student Mentor
- Charity Leader
Food is available to purchase from the Restaurant during break and lunchtime. Students are also able to make use of the kitchen facilities within the Sixth Form common room.
The Warriner School operates a green travel plan. This means that we expect members of the Sixth Form to, where possible, use school / public transport, walk or cycle. We do not have the facilities to offer parking for students on site. Sixth Form students are able to apply to Oxfordshire County Council for a subsidised bus pass.