Welcome to the Library & Study Centre
Librarian : Ms Morton email@example.com
When is the library open?
Sadly, the library is currently closed due to COVID 19.
However, students can login to browse our online catalogue and reserve books here:
Students will need to use their Libresoft username and password to be able to login.
Username format and passwords
(First 4 letters of school username plus the 3 digits at the end)
For a student called William Shakespeare, the username (barcode) is: WSha322
And for a student called Malorie Blackman, the username is: MBla476
Use your usual school password *
*If you have an 'old' password (just numbers) you will need to add your initials to the end
Collect your book from your tutor and return to your tutor on or before the due date.
How many books can be borrowed and for how long?
Students are allowed to borrow three books at a time.
Library & Study Centre Resources
A variety of resources are available:
- Reference, fiction and non-fiction books
- A daily newspaper and magazines
- 10 networked computers with a black and white printer
- Board games and drawing materials
Supporting Reading for Pleasure and Literacy
Students are encouraged to keep reading anything and everything.
- Quiet reading library lessons for year 7 & 8 classes are held every fortnight in the library. This provides the opportunity to read quietly and to choose books to take home.
- Reading lists are provided to support reading choice.
- Accelerated Reader is a reading programme which is used by the English department and supported by the library.
Please click on the sidebar to read about this in more detail.
- Special events are held throughout the year to celebrate reading and literacy. World Book Day is celebrated in March. Our Readathon raised over £500 in February 2019 .
The Creative Writing Group - Currently closed
- The group meets every Tuesday lunchtime upstairs in the library to let imaginations take flight. All welcome.
Writer in residence
Local author Philip S Davies runs the Creative Writing Group every Tuesday. Mr Davies helps our young writers develop their creative writing skills.