Silver DofE - Year 11 - Finished school
Silver - Year 11 - YOU CAN DO THIS! Finished School
Firstly, congratulations to those students who have finished their Certificate of Achievement.
The most important message for the students doing Silver, is if you intend to do Gold DofE either with The Warriner School, or another school, then it is important that you complete the 3 sections at Silver, to receive your Certificate of Achievement - this will mean that you will be able to enrol for Gold without having to do an EXTRA 6 months of one section because you haven't got your Silver. If any of the expeditions go ahead, it is likely to be the Gold DofE expeditions! So, try and tick away with your Silver, to get the sections finished in order to start recording your activities for Gold as soon as you are 16. (For those students starting Sixth Form at The Warriner School, information will be distributed in September 2021 for Gold). Another bonus for Gold DofE is that you have until your 25th birthday to complete the award!
If you are reading this and have not started your activities, absolutely no problem - it is never too late. PLEASE REMEMBER - do not wait until the lockdown is lifted to start a section - as we know, from the past, this may be sometime! Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
Finished Activities - Assessor Report Required
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email - very easy to do and if this is where you are stuck, you could complete sections really quickly:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have. (IF you do not have your activity log, email me as I can help with this)
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement.
have not started activity
Please do not worry. It is never too late to start an activity and it may be the focus that helps you through lockdown to find a new interest:
- Check out the DofE complete activities list to see if there is something that you like the look of. Don't forget if it is a new skill, use "You Tube" to find out more, or ask and I can try and point you in the right direction.
- Check out the variations that DofE have set so that it is easier for you to complete the award whilst in your own home. We know how difficult it is for you:
- https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-social-distancing/ - https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-for-family/
- Do one section at a time - remember your parents can sign your activity log, but cannot be your assessor - Tutors, teachers and neighbours will be happy to do so.
YOUr assessor/activity has changed
If you have changed your assessor/activity, as long as you are keeping a good record on your activity log and the activity fits in the same category (email me to check if necessary), you can ask your Tutor, or teacher to be your assessor. Please remember that the assessors report must match that of the assessor on your planner, so you may need to ask me to unapprove your planner so that you can change it and ask me to approve it again.
you have completed your Certificate of Achievement, but not received it
I am printing out all the Certificates of Achievement to distribute later this term. It is important for us to recognise how well you have done and give you the certificate in your hand which you deserve. As long as the award says you have completed your three sections on eDofE, you can do nothing more.
OVerload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - if I am honest, email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus to do during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the DofE activities, even if you have them signed off with DofE?
Don't forget that there is loads of information on your eDofE too under resources and also check out the expedition section in preparation for when we can get outside again.
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.