Silver - Year 11 - YOU CAN DO THIS!
Due to another lockdown and with the students working from home, it is incredibly difficult to get the message across to them about how to continue and complete their Silver DofE Award. Without their regular training some of the instructions have been missed! Firstly, congratulations to those students who have finished their Certificate of Achievement.
The most important message for the students doing Silver, is if you intend to do Gold DofE either with The Warriner School, or another school, then it is important that you complete the 3 sections at Silver, to receive your Certificate of Achievement - this will mean that you will be able to enrol for Gold without having to do an EXTRA 6 months of one section because you haven't got your Silver. If any of the expeditions go ahead, it is likely to be the Gold DofE expeditions! So, try and tick away with your Silver, to get the sections finished in order to start recording your activities for Gold as soon as you are 16. (For those students starting Sixth Form at The Warriner School, information will be distributed in September 2021 for Gold). Another bonus for Gold DofE is that you have until your 25th birthday to complete the award!
If you are reading this and have not started your activities, absolutely no problem - it is never too late. PLEASE REMEMBER - do not wait until the lockdown is lifted to start a section - as we know, from the past, this may be sometime! Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
Finished Activities - Assessor Report Required
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email - very easy to do and if this is where you are stuck, you could complete sections really quickly:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have. (IF you do not have your activity log, email me as I can help with this)
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement.
have not started activity
- Check out the DofE complete activities list to see if there is something that you like the look of. Don't forget if it is a new skill, use "You Tube" to find out more, or ask and I can try and point you in the right direction.
- Check out the variations that DofE have set so that it is easier for you to complete the award whilst in your own home. We know how difficult it is for you:
- https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-social-distancing/ - https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-for-family/
- Do one section at a time - remember your parents can sign your activity log, but cannot be your assessor - Tutors, teachers and neighbours will be happy to do so.
YOUr assessor/activity has changed
you have completed your Certificate of Achievement, but not received it
We are all disappointed that the expedition did not take place
OVerload of information to help with dofe
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus to do during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the DofE activities, even if you have them signed off with DofE?
Don't forget that there is loads of information on your eDofE too under resources and also check out the expedition section in preparation for when we can get outside again.
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.