Bronze DofE - Year 9
Bronze - Year 9 - YOU CAN DO THIS!
We have been bowled over by 160 Year 9 students enrolling for Bronze DofE. Well done for making a great start on the award.
- It is very important to start your activities as soon as you can. Upload the information onto your planners (on eDofE) and ask me to approve them.
- Keep a check on your notifications/messages to make sure that I haven't queried anything that you have put on your planner.
- Record your weekly activities on your activity logs, which can be found on the top of the opening page of DofE school website. Your parents, or family members can sign this sheet, BUT they can't be your assessor
- Keep on top of your activities and upload information as you finish an activity. Please send all your information for eDofE to Mrs Wood
- Rather than upload a photo every week and ask me to approve it, PLEASE put the photo into a PowerPoint presentation so that when you have finished the required time you can send the PowerPoint to your assessor to complete the report online (check out below when the time is right). You can then just upload the one file to eDofE
- Read below as these points will help you on your DofE journey - they have been tested by many previous students working on their Bronze DofE award
PLEASE REMEMBER - if you need help, please email Mrs Wood. Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Parents, Guardians and Carers: If you would like to find out a bit more about DofE, I would encourage you to sign up for one of the parent sessions that our region organise. I am still here to help you, but these online sessions have proved to be very useful - please click here
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
First task - upload your planners to eDofE
- Upload the planners onto eDofE. Although we recommend you use the app, some students are having a problem, so if this is the case, please use a desktop/laptop.
- Please check eDofE a couple of days after to make sure that I have approved what you have uploaded - especially check your communications/messages in case I have queried what you have uploaded
- Get going with your activities - record them weekly for at least 1 hour per week. Please note, you cannot bulk up the hours for a whole day - we are looking for a regular weekly commitment for 3 or 6 months.
- If you are stuck for an activity, please check out this list or contact Mrs Wood
- REMEMBER, ideally, we want all students to have completed all THREE sections before going on expedition in April 2022. This is possible, but you need to get going asap. If you don't think you are going to get them finished, no worries, we will check how you are doing and support where necessary.
- PLEASE NOTE - there is help if you need it, please don't just forget about it as it won't go away!
Finished Activities - Assessor Report Required
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have.
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details below:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement
have not started activity
Please do not worry. It is never too late to start an activity and it may be the focus that helps you through lockdown to find a new interest:
- Check out the DofE complete activities list to see if there is something that you like the look of. Don't forget if it is a new skill, use "You Tube" to find out more, or ask and I can try and point you in the right direction.
- Check out the variations that DofE have set so that it is easier for you to complete the award whilst in your own home. We know how difficult it is for you:
- https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-social-distancing/ - https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-for-family/
- Do one section at a time - remember your parents can sign your activity log, but cannot be your assessor - Tutors, teachers and neighbours will be happy to do so.
YOUr assessor or activity has changed
If you have changed your assessor/activity, as long as you are keeping a good record on your activity log and the activity fits in the same category (email me to check if necessary), you can ask your Tutor, or teacher to be your assessor. Please remember that the assessors report must match that of the assessor on your planner, so you may need to ask me to unapprove your planner so that you can change it and ask me to approve it again.
OVerload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - if I am honest, email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the DofE activities, even if you have them signed off with DofE?
Don't forget that there is loads of information on your eDofE too under resources and also check out the expedition section in preparation for when we can get outside again.
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.