Gold DofE - Year 12
Gold DofE - Year 12
All students who enrol for Gold DofE have to complete their GAP (Gold Award Presentation) section. This can be done at any time during the award, but I can't approve your award until this has been done!
Congratulations for signing up for Gold Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) at The Warriner School. We very much hope that you will enjoy your DofE journey. Please remember to ask if you have questions and keep communicating with the staff!
Check out the articles here that the Year 13 students wrote about their Gold back to back expedition in October 2020/2021. It was such a great achievement for the students to complete in terrible weather, that this article deserves to be kept on the page!
Please remember that you have until you are 25 to complete your Gold DofE, which gives you plenty of time to work through the award. You stay on The Warriner School system and so please contact Mrs Wood if you need any help.
How to get started on your Duke of Edinburgh Award:
On a computer - eDofE | How to log in to eDofE - YouTube
On the App - eDofE | How to use the DofE App - YouTube
Please note that we encourage the students not to upload weekly evidence via the app, but to put this evidence into a PowerPoint Presentation, so that they can show their assessor's at the end of the required time and upload onto eDofE for me to see just one piece of evidence.
- It is very important to start your activities as soon as you can. Upload the information onto your planners (on eDofE) and ask me to approve them.
- Keep a check on your notifications/messages to make sure that I haven't queried anything that you have put on your planner.
- Record your weekly activities on your activity logs, which can be found below this paragraph. Your parents, or family members can sign this sheet, BUT they can't be your assessor
- Keep on top of your activities and upload information as you finish an activity. Please send all your information for eDofE to Mrs Wood
- If you are planning to do photos, rather than upload a photo every week and ask me to approve it, PLEASE put the photo into a PowerPoint presentation so that when you have finished the required time you can send the PowerPoint to your assessor to complete the report online (check out below when the time is right). You can then just upload the one file to eDofE
- Read below as these points will help you on your DofE journey - they have been tested by many previous students working on their Gold DofE award
PLEASE REMEMBER - if you need help, please email Mrs Wood. Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Notifications on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Ideas for Residential: Click here
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
finished activities - assessors report required
If you have mislaid your participants pack, you can access it here: https://www.dofe.org/welcome-packs-dth
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email - very easy to do and if this is where you are stuck, you could complete sections really quickly:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have. (IF you do not have your activity log, email me as I can help with this)
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement.
overload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - if I am honest, email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus to do during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time wisely at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the voluntary activity, even if you have it signed off with DofE?
The Warriner School DofE staff team are looking forward to working with you on your Gold DofE journey - if you communicate and ask for help, you will find that the journey will be much more straightforward!
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.