Gold DofE - Year 12
We are excited to work with 17 Year 12 students who have enrolled on their Gold DofE award. Expedition training has been given by Ocean Rock Adventure and the students are continuing with their Warriner School expedition training once a fortnight virtually! The Year 13 students told them all about the expedition that they did last October, so they know what they are looking at doing and are excited about completing the expedition sometime this year.
Check out the article here that the Year 13 students wrote about their Gold back to back expedition in October 2020.
If you keep on top of your activities, there is no reason why you cannot complete your Gold DofE award by the end of 2021, to leave the rest of your time at school for concentrating on your A Level studies. One step at a time.
If you are reading this and have not started your activities, absolutely no problem - it is never too late. PLEASE REMEMBER - do not wait until the lockdown is lifted to start a section - as we know, from the past, this may be sometime! Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
problems choosing an activity during lockdown
Please do not worry. There are lots of different activities that you can do - it may even be a new one, but it may be the focus that helps you through lockdown:
- Check out the DofE complete activities list to see if there is something that you like the look of. Don't forget if it is a new skill, use "You Tube" to find out more, or ask and I can try and point you in the right direction.
- Check out the variations that DofE have set so that it is easier for you to complete the award whilst in your own home. We know how difficult it is for you:
- https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-social-distancing/ - https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-for-family/
Remember your parents can sign your activity log, but cannot be your assessor - Tutors, teachers and neighbours will be happy to do so.
finished activities - assessors report required
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email - very easy to do and if this is where you are stuck, you could complete sections really quickly:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have. (IF you do not have your activity log, email me as I can help with this)
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement.
overload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - if I am honest, email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus to do during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time wisely at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the voluntary activity, even if you have it signed off with DofE?
The Warriner School DofE staff team are looking forward to working with you on your Gold DofE journey - if you communicate and ask for help, you will find that the journey will be much more straightforward!
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.