Silver DofE - Year 10
Silver - Year 10 - YOU CAN DO THIS!
A great number of students have been enrolled on Silver DofE - a total of 35 students
There is lots of help for students and if necessary, send a message via eDofE, or email Mrs Wood: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk
How to get started on your Duke of Edinburgh Award:
On a computer - eDofE | How to log in to eDofE - YouTube
On the App - eDofE | How to use the DofE App - YouTube
Please note that we encourage the students not to upload weekly evidence via the app, but to put this evidence into a PowerPoint Presentation, so that they can show their assessor's at the end of the required time and upload onto eDofE for me to see just one piece of evidence.
The most important message for the students doing Silver, is if you intend to do Gold DofE either with The Warriner School, or another school, then it is important that you complete the Silver award, as this will mean that you will be able to enrol for Gold without having to do an EXTRA 6 months of one section because you haven't got your Silver. So, try and tick away with your Silver, to get the sections finished in order to start recording your activities for Gold as soon as you are 16. Think about this now, to fully commit to Silver! (A bonus point for Gold is that you have until your 25th birthday to complete the award).
- It is very important to start your activities as soon as you can. Upload the information onto your planners (on eDofE) and ask me to approve them.
- Keep a check on your notifications to make sure that I haven't queried anything that you have put on your planner.
- You will have a weekly task uploaded to Go4Schools on a Friday - Monday, which will help you, so please check this out.
- Record your weekly activities on your activity logs, which can be found below this paragraph. Your parents, or family members can sign this sheet, BUT they can't be your assessor
- Keep on top of your activities and upload information as you finish an activity. Please send all your information for eDofE to Mrs Wood to approve
- If you are planning to do photos, rather than upload a photo every week and ask me to approve it, PLEASE put the photo into a PowerPoint presentation so that when you have finished the required time you can send the PowerPoint to your assessor to complete the report online (check out below when the time is right). You can then just upload the one file to eDofE
- Read below as these points will help you on your DofE journey - they have been tested by many previous students working on their Silver DofE award
PLEASE REMEMBER - if you need help, please email Mrs Wood. Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
WHERE Do you start?
- Load the mobile app above, if you are able to.
- Your enrolment date will be September 2023. However, you can't start a section, if you hadn't completed it by that date at Bronze level. (e.g. if you finished your Physical section on 1/10/23 for Bronze, you can't start your Physical section for Silver until after that date - you can backdate the others if you have evidence to support)
- Those who haven't finished your Bronze, need to do that asap.
- You can put the starting date for your activities back to September 2023, as long as you have evidence that you were doing the activities on your activity log.
- Choose the activities that you want to do for each section - if you want to check, email Mrs Wood, or check your eDofE when you have sent your planner to be approved to make sure that they haven't been queried
- Start your activities and log them weekly on the activity logs - link above this section
- YOUR PARENTS sign/initial your activity log, BUT they cannot be your assessor. Please put your tutor, teacher, or neighbour, family friend down. The assessor has to be over 18 and cannot be a member of your family
- If you are doing the same activity as your Bronze, please try and develop it. At Silver, we would expect you to stretch yourself by making a recipe book if doing cooking, or taking out a map and doing some navigating whilst doing walking, or with litterpicking perhaps try and encourage other villagers to be aware of the litter by making posters etc.
FINIshed Activities - Assessor Report Required
If you have mislaid your participants pack, you can access it here: https://www.dofe.org/welcome-packs-dth
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have.
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details below:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement
Any Problems - ask for help!
Mrs Wood will help answer any questions:
* Email - DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - best for longer questions so that I can list what to do!
* Message me on eDofE - although only quick messages which require short answers as there is a limit to what I can put here! (If I query any evidence, the reason will be sent to your messages from me).
* I work in Reprographics Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 8am - 4pm.
Silver expedition and training
The expeditions are being planned at the moment and information will be circulated in due course.
Training will take place, in the New Year, but if you would like to find out some expedition tips, please check out your eDofE, under resources for more details.
OVerload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
We know that DofE gives the students some focus during their award, which meant that they have something different to do other than school work and to use the time wisely at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities made a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students brightened their day and helped them through difficult times.
The Warriner School DofE staff team are looking forward to working with you on your Silver DofE journey - if you communicate and ask for help, you will find that the award will be much more straightforward!
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.