Gold DofE - Year 12
Gold DofE - Year 12
Congratulations for considering to sign up for Gold Duke of Edinburgh (DofE) at The Warriner School. We very much hope that you will enjoy your DofE journey. Please remember to ask if you have questions and keep communicating with the staff!
Check out the article here that the Year 13 students wrote about their Gold back to back expedition in October 2020. It was such a great achivement for the students to complete in terrible weather, that this article deserves to be kept on the page!
Please remember that you have until you are 25 to complete your Gold DofE, which gives you plenty of time to work through the award. You stay on The Warriner School system and so please contact Mrs Wood if you need any help.
If you are reading this and have not started your activities, absolutely no problem - it is never too late. PLEASE REMEMBER - do not wait until the lockdown is lifted to start a section - as we know, from the past, this may be sometime! Check out the headings below for more information.
PLEASE remember to check your Communications/Messages on the top right of your eDofE page - if there is a number in red, it means that you need to read the message and it may explain why I haven't approved something.
Please consider using the DofE Mobile App as this makes it easy to upload information straight to your eDofE:
problems choosing an activity during lockdown
Please do not worry. There are lots of different activities that you can do - it may even be a new one, but it may be the focus that helps you through lockdown:
- Check out the DofE complete activities list to see if there is something that you like the look of. Don't forget if it is a new skill, use "You Tube" to find out more, or ask and I can try and point you in the right direction.
- Check out the variations that DofE have set so that it is easier for you to complete the award whilst in your own home. We know how difficult it is for you:
- https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-social-distancing/ - https://www.dofe.org/thelatest/volunteer-for-family/
Remember your parents can sign your activity log, but cannot be your assessor - Tutors, teachers and neighbours will be happy to do so.
finished activities - assessors report required
You do not need to get your paper assessors page, from your participants pack signed by your assessor. This can be done via email - very easy to do and if this is where you are stuck, you could complete sections really quickly:
- Upload your activity logs to your eDofE page and any other evidence that you have. (IF you do not have your activity log, email me as I can help with this)
- Email your assessor with the evidence and the activity logs. Please note, the assessor does not have access to your eDofE area. Also, email them the following information filling in the relevant information to identify what they are assessing:
- Website Link to send to assessors with the details:
Participants ID Number: XXXXXXXX
Section: Voluntary, Physical or Skill
- The assessor will complete the report online and this will come straight to me. I will check that I can see your activity log and assessors report and sign off the section. Do this for each of the three sections to complete your Certificate of Achievement.
overload of information to help with dofe
I apologise for a lot of information, but the students are all at different levels, so I am trying to focus on the main problems that students and parents are emailing me with. It is absolutely no problem to email me: DofEManager@warriner.oxon.sch.uk - if I am honest, email me if you have a problem, we can sort it out quite quickly this way.
I would like to think that DofE may give the students some focus to do during lockdown, which will give them something different to do other than school work and to use the time wisely at the weekends. I am sure that the voluntary activities make a massive impact to the community, friends and elderly and no doubt the students have brightened their day and helped them through this difficult time. Perhaps consider continuing with the voluntary activity, even if you have it signed off with DofE?
The Warriner School DofE staff team are looking forward to working with you on your Gold DofE journey - if you communicate and ask for help, you will find that the journey will be much more straightforward!
A MASSIVE WELL DONE TO YOU ALL -
STUDENTS AND ALSO THE PARENTS!
Thank you also to the members of staff who are assessing the students
and running training sessions when they can.